Friday, November 30, 2018

Leaf Photography And Leaf Photos

As you can see below, leaf photography in Prescott Arizona is a favorite subject of mine. Mostly because we have such a variety of trees here, it's easy to find great leaf photos in Prescott. As I have mention several times in several of the blog posts here, I don't have much time to post a lot of content or pictures. Thus, for right now, this blog topic will be a little skimpy on words and images.

So, let's get to some pictures! (Tip: Click on the images below for full size and clarity.) 


The above leaf photos in Prescott Arizona was taken just next to our cabin in the woods. As you can see, I don't have to go far for great color! Leaf photography in Prescott is almost easy with this much color and differentiation. Obviously this image was taken in the fall, thus the striking colors. But still, year 'round, there a ton of leaves to photograph.


The above is part of the same group of leaves. As you can see, I don't enhance the pictures very much. A bit of sharpness and a couple other adjustments, very quickly, and the picture is posted. Why? Because I'm not focused on 'end result' images. That's not what I do. I'm more interested in angles and natural lighting. If you are a photographer who wants to post your pictures or sell them, then obviously you need to know all the settings on your camera, as well as post processing, such as Lightroom and PhotoShop. But again, not my interest here. Leaf photos in Prescott and leaf photography in Prescott can certainly benefit from all these additions, but again, I'm not concerned with that aspect of photography. Strange? Yeah, I know.


Yet another different angle of the same leaves. This is what I teach in my photography guide in Prescott Arizona seminar. First, locating or finding subjects, as most people are walking WAY to fast, then getting the right angle and lighting. I spend hours with you, in person, doing just this. It is actually a lot of fun! Especially when it comes to leaf photography and leaf photos.


And last but certainly not least, the photo above. Beautiful picture, don't you think? And yes, I left the 'limb shadow' on the main leaf on purpose. Why? I don't know. Perhaps more natural. Again, I'm not trying to sell this picture or anything like that. Just HAVING FUN, which we should ALL be doing! I think most photographers do have a lot of fun, yet, when it becomes a business, the pressure is on to create magical images, which can be tough to do.

What is also fun, and easy, with leaf photos in Prescott as well as leaf photography in Prescott Arizona, is that they are, for the most part, stationary. Unless the breeze or wind is blowing, of course. Now the lighting can certainly change if you are using direct, nature sun, but you still have plenty of time to get that great shot. So, SLOW DOWN! HAVE SOME FUN! TAKE YOUR TIME! This isn't a race, by any means. Okay, I need to get back to work, doing what I do, so have some fun with critiquing the pictures above. There are so many ways to get different angles, lighting, etc. I'm certainly not perfect.

Until next time,

Kristopher Kelley
Photography Guide In Prescott
warrior.of.lite@gmail.com
(928) 273-8666

P.S. - Give me a call if you are interested in attending my seminar.

No comments:

Post a Comment